I’ve been tagged by the fabulous Julie. I guess it’s a blog game, or it’s like those dumb forwards that you get from random people via email that lists out 100 ridiculous things about yourself that no one really cares about. Like, does anyone really care that I prefer the mountains over the beach, or that my favorite vegetable is okra, or that I get up at 7:30 on the dot every morning, or that my first real kiss was Michael Williams in the 8th grade? Those that care need to find some hobbies.
So, now that the house is well on its way to being fully pimped, I figured I could start blogging about other things in my life. Don’t worry….I will only blog about things in life that all 10 of my readers will find interesting. And I’ll try not to blog about what I ate for dinner, and I’ll spare you pictures of the meatloaves that I attempt to cook.
There are rules and such to this tagging game, but rules are for the birds. I’m just going to jump right in.
Seven random things about me that will help you sleep better tonight knowing:
1. I probably think I am smarter than you. I know, I probably started off the list a little too strong, but this is a good fact that you should know about me. There’s only a handful of people that I think have an advantage over me. Now, I’m not necessarily talking about book smarts. But, every day life matters? Yep, I probably know more than you.
2. I love Taco Bell. Love doesn’t really describe it. I LUUUVVVVV it. I would rather eat Taco Bell Nachos Bell Grande over any other legit Mexican restaurant that serves margaritas. There’s just something about the mystery beef, refried beans, sour cream, and cheese out of a machine, all mixed together in a wonderful gooey mess.
3. I’m going to be an aunt!! My little sister, Helen, is prego and is due at the end of October. She’s doing things a little different than I would probably do them, but she wouldn’t be Helen if she didn’t. Things like having a midwife and having her baby at home, and not finding out the sex. WHAT?? Now that is just uncalled for. How am I supposed to buy presents? And how is my mom supposed to decorate? I told my mother to just embrace the “different” on this one, and she’ll get “normal” when it’s my turn. Drugs and hospitals and all.
4. I like Mylee Cyrus’s new song. OMG – I cannot believe that just came out of my mouth. But yes, it’s a catchy little tune that I like to sing along with on the radio. I’m SO EMBARRASED.
5. I am a zit picker. Gross, I know, but I can’t help it! I can’t just let it live there on my face while it heals and goes away. It’s like this magnetic force and I’m just drawn to it. And the worst part is that I’ve had more zits at the age of 30 than I’ve had in my entire life. That makes for a very busy morning in front of the mirror. Aging sucks.
6. I’m obsessed with sunscreen. Even more importantly, I’m obsessed with getting wrinkles. I’m the girl at the pool that gets upset when my friends have on anything less than SPF 15. And I make sure that everyone uses a good firming night cream and eye cream. I’m not one of those girls that wants to look better than all of her friends. If you are going to hang out with me, you better look good too!
7. I have diarrhea of the mouth, or as the bartender at the country club says, I don’t have a filter. I am constantly getting in trouble for the things that come out of my mouth. Thankfully, my charming southern accent lets me get away with a lot. If my friends said the same thing, it would just come across as rude, but somehow, when it comes out of my mouth, people think it’s funny. I’m just brutally honest. I’ve been trying to work on this, but it’s just so hard!
I hope you enjoyed those few tidbits about me. I’m supposed to tag 7 other people with blogs, but they’ve all been tagged already. So I guess the game ends here.