Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dear Liane,

I realize that I have been neglecting my blog lately, but for good reasons. I’m TIRED. I know this is not a good excuse, but it’s all I can come up with. When you get bored at work, I’m know I'm not helping out by providing any new reading material, and I apologize for this. If you need a list of some other blogs to read, let me know. I have a few that you might find enjoyable. Maybe not as entertaining, but they will certainly help with boredom at work. I can speak from experience on this.

We are almost completely settled into the new house, but life hasn’t been very funny lately, so I don’t have much material to write about. We go to work, go to the gym, eat dinner, and go to bed. We even went 2 weeks without cable and racked up a $75 bill at Hollywood Video. If you can find anything blog-worthy about that, let me know. I guess I could do movie reviews. By the end of the day, I’m so drained that I don’t have an ounce of energy left to unpack the 23 boxes-o-crap sitting in my living room. I could probably donate them to goodwill and I would never miss the contents. But I just can’t let go….I think that’s an inherited trait.

BUT….I do see some unpacking in my near future. We are putting all of our rugs down tonight, and I think this might motivate us to get busy on the rest of the house. I promise to take pictures and post them this week. We have also self-inflicted pain on ourselves and scheduled mother’s day brunch at our house, and my parents are coming next weekend. I purposefully did this so that I would get my lazy ass in gear.

I hope this letter occupied a few minutes of boredom for you today. Sorry it’s not very funny. It’s hard to be “on” all of the time. Today I’m only at about 85%.

Peace Out,
Mimi

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dear Liane,

May I suggest finding us a new daycare provider during your times of boredom at work. :) That should help occupy plenty of time and you did such a great job the first time around with this assignment, I know you're up for the task!

Wish I could find peace,
Julie