Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 27, 2008 (Day 209)

Well, it worked. HARDLY ANYTHING happened at my house yesterday and I was pleasantly satisfied. Ha! Yeah, right. I had to leave work early because I was about to lose my shit. The cubes around me would have witnessed a great site. It would've gone down in Dell history.

The electrician decided to show up and work for a bit, and the HVAC guy finished up, and that's about it. My house looks exactly the same as it did on Tuesday except for 2 old ceiling fans that were replaced with new ones. I could have done that.

So, the fiasco with the tile guys has come to an end, but not without some yelling (from me), a few choice words (from me), and a stern "talking to" (from Will). After a laundry list of excuses that went from "we ran out of supplies" to "we had to fire the guy," they had until 10:30 this morning to show up at the house or else they weren't getting any money from us. And they showed up just in the nick of time. Will was standing in the driveway waiting on them, and to quote Will, "Some heads were gonna role." I'm not sure what that means.

Hopefully I'll have a lot to post tomorrow (that's me being positive). The tile is supposed to be finished by the end of the day, the electrician is wrapping up, and the plumber should be installing the fixtures, toilets, sinks, and appliances. Then it's carpet installation on saturday, wood floors next week, and final touch ups. And I hope to have some pictures to post tomorrow. I could post a screenshot of my checking account slowly dwindling down to nothing because of the 327 unexpected trips to Lowes, but that would be too sad. I wouldn't want you to cry at work. That's embarrassing.

No comments: