Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!

Hi friends.  Long time, no blog.  It's been over 2 months since my last post, so I'll play catch up and start off the new year on the right foot.  This might be a little boring, so I won't get mad if you quit reading right now.  I hate housekeeping. 

It's been busy around here.  For Thanksgiving we drove 10 hours to Collierville to see my family.  All I can say is, THANK YOU Toy Story.  Grafton got a dvd player for the car and as far as I'm concerned, it is the best invention eva.  While we were there, we drove to Oxford to see my grandparents, drove to Fulton, MS to see Will's grandparents, aunts and uncles, slept a lot, drank a lot of wine, and played hard with cousin T.  The trip home was less than desirable....  it took 12 hours to get back to Georgetown and Grafton slept 45 minutes the entire trip. 


Grafton turned 2 on December 3rd.  We had a small get together with family and a few close friends, which was perfect.  I was even told that it was the best 2 year old party they'd been to.  Probably because of the pizza and all of the wine.  In a way, I'm regretting the party because we had to tell him that he was 2.  And now he acts like a two year old.  And I'm just going to say that I'm not digging the birthday being so close to Christmas.   



In mid-December, I took a quick trip to Miami for work, then turned around and flew to Charlotte, NC to see my sister-in-law and her family.  We drove up to Beech Mountain for the weekend with 3 other families - 9 adults, 14 teenagers and 1 toddler.  That many teenagers in the same house with me for 3 straight days was slightly insane.  I have never seen so much pasta and milk consumed in my life.  Once again, we laughed a lot, drank a lot of wine, and played hard.  Oh, and my SIL fractured her wrist.  We've been skiing together twice, and both times she has managed to bust her ass walking on the ice.  And both times, it was pretty damn funny.   I'm just saying.  Oh, and Grafton did not like the snow at all.  Damn you, Texas.





After Beech Mountain, we all came back to Texas to have Christmas with the Burlesons.  13 people in one house for 5 days.  I'm a little Burleson'd out, but it was so much fun.  We ate a lot (as usual), drank a lot of wine (as usual), exchanged fabulous $5 gifts on Christmas eve, played Battle of the Sexes (which got a little out of control), got our nails did, did a little shopping, and had professional pics taken of the entire family.  I was in charge of the photo shoot, which meant getting to boss everyone around (what else is new), and coordinating outfits....and no, we did not wear black and denim or khaki and white.  I think I missed my calling yall, but my photographer won't pay me..   (pictures to come)

We had a New Years Eve party at our house this year.  I was a little nervous because NYE is a big night to live up to, but it turned out to be FABULOUS!!  To add extra stress during the holidays, we made it a costume party.  Everyone had to dress up as characters from the movies.  We had Pulp Fiction, Brokeback Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Best in Show and Top Gun.  Oh, and Richard Simmons and Jane Fonda showed up.  Our kitchen turned into Dance Party USA, and we ended the night with breakfast casserole at 4am.  I would say that it was a success.  And the recovery lunch at the neighbors was icing on the cake. 



And now it's 2011.  I'm back at work, still taking down Christmas decorations and coming up with my list of New Year's resolutions, which I'll post this week.  Apparently last year, I thought I'd make good on it by posting it for all to see.  Well, I managed to do 2.5 of the 5 items on my list, the 1/2 being blogging more.  It will be on my list again. 

Cheers!

No comments: