Monday, August 4, 2008

Inspiration

Now that we’ve confirmed that Goose is definitely a boy, I can start decorating. Here’s a picture of my inspiration. We’ll see if I stay on track. Anything is better than the current state of the room, which looks much like your local flea market without the turkey legs and Tecate.

I keep getting questions about the baby’s room, and I’m finding out that I’m starting to care way too late in the game. Apparently, I should have been obsessing about it a few months ago. I guess this is what new mothers do. Except for me. And the whole “nesting” thing is throwing me off. I don’t even understand what it means. I’m not a bird. I don’t even like birds unless they come on cute stationary. I had to have my MIL come over yesterday to help me clean out the baby room or else it probably wouldn’t have gotten done. I’m lacking in the motivation department, and I don’t think they sell it next to “new attitudes” at Banana Republic.

I don’t sound very thrilled about all of this, do I? Don’t get me wrong, I love being pregnant and I can’t wait until Goose arrives, but I’m not obsessing about it. Other people are obsessing about it for me. I’m not reading 6 books on pregnancy and 12 books on raising a child. I’m reading one. And in between chapters, I’m reading novels and memoirs and anything else I can get my hands on that doesn’t talk about preparing your nipples for breastfeeding and the consistency of poop in the first few weeks of life. I’m getting conflicting advice thrown at me in every direction, and to be honest, it goes in one ear and out the other. This may all come back to bite me in the ass in December, but I have a feeling it won’t. I’ll be doing it my way…which is the best way in my book!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!! The inspiration totally looks like you!

Julie said...

I mean like your taste/decorating style. You know what I mean!