Monday, June 16, 2008

Master Bedroom

When we first moved into our house, our bedroom had 5 doorways in it. FIVE. We had 2 doors to the bathroom, which was nice if you had to go really bad. We had one door to the hallway, another to the laundry room, and the 5th was to the hot water heater. Combine this with a wall of three windows, and what you have is called a cluster.

My goal with the bedroom, besides removing 60% of the doorways, was to have a grown-up bedroom. I'm in my 30's and expecting a child. I've got all of the makings of a grown-up. It makes perfect sense. Well, let me tell you. This is not an easy task.

It took me 2 years to pick out a bed and another 8 months to pick out the bedding. Then I had to find an armoire for the tv and grown-up things to hang on the walls. Thank goodness there's no such thing as an "middle-aged" room. I don't think I can do this again.

BEFORE (way before, right when we moved into the house in 2003)


AFTER




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love love it. But of course I'd be happy with the "Before" too.

My bedroom is all early IKEA.

Julie said...

I LOVE the decorations on the wall by the chair! Wherever did you get those? ;) Actually, I love it all! Nicely done on your grown-up room :)