TOP TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY NEVER ENDING REMODEL
by Will Burleson
10. My Wife's blog (If I ever forget and need a reminder of all the pain and suffering I can always visit "Pimp my Bungalow", a constant reminder of the ongoing hell that is my life).
9. My Contractor, Frank (Or as I like to call him "Mr. Idle")
8. My new superintendent, Johnny (seriously, he is the reason I will move back in before the end of the decade. Who needs Brad Pitt. Johnny is my man crush).
Etiquette Question: If your contractor should stay on schedule, or in our case, hit one date during the entire remodel, should you send him a gift basket or would a thank you card suffice?
7. Additional work prices (Apparently our contractors found the "Screw the Burleson's" button on their calculators).
6. Living with my parents (The only thing that would be cooler is if they had a basement so when people asked me where we live I could say "In my mom's basement").
5. Stopping by the house in the middle of the day (I love the sound of a half finished house when no one is working, like nails on a chalkboard).
4. The original schedule with a move-in date of January 2nd (No matter how bad my day has been it always makes me laugh. I often read it right after I visit "Pimp my Bungalow").
3.Opening the Daily Newspaper (I stare at the date while counting the number of days I have withstood hell on earth).
2. Testing my sanity everyday (I love waking up in the morning and wondering if this will be the day that I snap and kill Mr. Idle, aka Frank).
Random question: Has anyone studied the Mayan calander? If you have, does 7 of their months equal 4 of ours? This could explain the reason "Mr. Idle" and I have yet to get on the same page.
1. Learning to live for today (no matter how bad it is, tomorrow will be worse).