Monday, February 21, 2011

In the mood?

I love putting together mood boards for people.  Design boards, idea boards.  Whatever you want to call it, I love it.  Give me the choice between a chocolate cake and spending hours and hours decorating someone's house, and I'll choose to go hungry. 

I rarely start with a blank room, unless I'm just being creative for the hell of it.  I always start with the basics..pieces of furniture or accessories that my friends own and want to keep.  It ranges from rug selection to redecorating an entire bedroom.  And most of what I put together is available to purchase for a reasonable price.  Unless you have an unlimited budget or just want ideas.  And then I go crazy. 

Here are a few that I've put together lately. If you are interested, let me know!


Allison asked me for help with a new rug in her living room.  She has the sofa and chair, and she had just gotten an accent chair upholstered in the black and white zig zag fabric.  Just for fun, I threw in a few other accessories that she loved!   


Noel is dying to have this leather sofa from Restoration Hardware, so I thought it would be fun to put together a room around it.  I fell in love with the Red Cross flag from Emily Henderson's house and I thought it would be perfect for them. 


My friend Lindsay is expecting a baby boy soon and asked me for help with the nursery.  One of their rooms already has a log-cabin-type wallpaper that they wanted to keep so I went with the rustic camping look without going too crazy and themey.  I hate themey.  I think I just made that word up.


Brandon and Lindsey (a different Lindsey) are in the process of redecorating their bedroom.  I put together a few different looks for them, and then found the floral fabric at Calico Corner and decided to go with it.  They have already purchased the bedding, reupholstered a chaise in the floral fabric and purchased lamps.  When we're done I'll post before and after pics! 

1 comment:

emprice said...

Okay.... We are starting to renovate the cabana in the next few weeks. Talk about *blank slate*!! The before/after pictures ought to be mind boggling - even before any brilliant insight & guidance from yourself... Would love your thoughts :) I took some pics today but you should really come see for yourself.