Monday, October 11, 2010

Inspired by the Star

Did you guys watch the latest season of Design Star on HGTV?  Emily Henderson, the winner, is awesome, but some of those designers just flat out sucked.  And I normally love that show, but this one was super frustrating to watch.  I was literally yelling at the tv on sunday nights.  Now I see why Will yells during football. 

Emily has a wonderful blog and a great portfolio.  Her very own living room inspired me to put together a look for my brother-in-law Chip, and his partner, Noel.  I thought it would be fun to design a room for 2 guys without being overly masculine.  They are looking at a similar sofa from restoration hardware which is a classic.  The vintage Red Cross flag is a great alternative to an expensive piece of art, and after searching online, I found that you can purchase them for as little as $20!  I personally love the cowhide rug, but apparently Chip isn't a big fan.  And to think you know someone.

What do you think? 



  

No comments: