Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I never said 30 consecutive days.

The past few months have kicked my ass. And I think it's safe to say that Mr. Dell is the one that's doing the biggest ass-kicking. My job has stressed me out in ways that I didn't even know existed. Just poke a pin in me and deflate me. I've had medical procedures done that are less than desirable, and have been diagnosed with a "disease" that is even less desirable. I'm taking 12 pills a day, which means that I'm well on my way to being a geriatric patient that carries around her weekly pill sorter and smells like moth balls. And someone told me that they sell cute pill sorters at the Container Store. Yeah....not so much.

So, finding little lovlies that make me smile is proving to be a far harder challenge than expected.

I did have one comic relief last week during work and it was something that I opened my big fat mouth and let slip out. I crack myself up, but apparently no one else thought it was funny. So I just sat at my desk and laughed by myself for a few minutes. Damn, I AM FUNNY!

So. I'm on a conference call with my manager and a few other coworkers that just came back from NYC on a trip. And they are all laughing and joking about how they didn't know which building was the Empire State Building. How they had to ask someone from Denmark which building it was. And I'm listening to this, not understanding why they think it's so funny.

Then sometime says, "Hey, in our next team meeting, we could play Name That Monument."

And I chime in and say, "Yeah, or we could just play Who's Smarter than a 5th Grader."

SILENCE.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Some people are so touchy. But I wasn't "some people" so I guess that's why I thought it was funny. ;)