Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Great Unknown

I have decided to try my hand in the kitchen. I mean, makes perfect sense right?

I am a woman: check.
I have a husband and kid: check.
I have a fully renovated kitchen that I spend 85% of my time in: check.
La Familia's gotta eat: check.

What's the problem, you ask? I HATE TO COOK. Despise it. Everything about it. I hate grocery shopping. I hate deciding what's for dinner. I hate chopping and cutting and prepping and whisking and sifting and stirring and boiling and waiting and tasting. All of it. Okay, maybe not the tasting part, but everything else, I hate.

So, I've started to tackle this head on, starting with Sundays. I have already cooked 4 Sundays this year, which is 4 more times than the entire year of 2009. I'm on a roll.

Why am I telling you this? I'm a sharer. Is that even a word? I'm a giver, in a bad way. I'm the girl that tells you that her shirt only cost 4.99, when I should just say "Thanks!" and walk away.

Here are the 4 recipes I have made so far. I highly recommend all 4, unless you don't like chicken or eating your dinner out of a bowl.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Artichoke Casserole
White Bean Chicken Chili
Cheesy Potato Soup (recipe from friend with lots of alterations)

Happy Cooking!

No comments: