Friday, January 30, 2009

Even dogs can embarrass.

Over the holidays, we took a roadtrip to visit family in Mississippi and Tennessee. Yep, a roadtrip. 12 hours each way. WITH A NEWBORN! While we were gone for 7 days, we had our dog sitter, Kay, keep the boys. She rarely has any issues, and if she does, she calls us immediately. While we were on the way back to Texas, I decided to give Kay a call to see how everything went since I hadn’t heard from her. After the following conversation took place, I have a whole new level of respect for her. And keep in mind that I had just had a baby. Weird things happen to your body.

Me: Hi Kay! Just checking on the boys. I hope everything went okay.

Kay: Everything was great! Well, except for one small incident.

Me: Uh oh. What happened?

Kay: Well….sweet little Jack got into the trash and made a mess.

Me: Oh crap. Was it all over the kitchen?

Kay: Well….no….not exactly. He got into the bathroom trash.

Me: Oh shit. How do you know it was Jack and not Cooper?

Kay: Well….he met me at the door this morning with a used maxi-pad in his mouth!

No comments: