Friday, February 1, 2013

A little Friday Humor

It's Friday Y'all!  And I've been published!  Kind of a big deal for me.  I'm not a writer, except here on this little blog thing.  My sister majored in journalism and went to the Portfolio Center.  She's a writer.  I'm marketing and business, but my brain has this internal fight on a daily basis on whether to be business or party.  Party being the creative part.  The fun part.  I love to design, decorate, plan parties, and write.  I can help you pick out paint color and fabric in 2 seconds flat.  But I'm also addicted to excel spreadsheets.  I'm having a hard time figuring myself out.  I'm like a mullet.

My good friend, Melanie, is the editor for the Austin Family magazine.  She asked if I wanted to submit an article for her Humor column for the February edition.  Yes, sometimes I'm funny.  Turns out, they liked it!  So, here I am, on page 66.  Personally, I think humor should be up front, so I'm hoping there are a few people who read magazines back to front  (the business-part of me knows that people do this with catalogs).


I'm working on my next submission.  Wish me luck!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Go Mimi!

Andrea said...

Go Mimi!

Anonymous said...

I have to voice [url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]toms shoes[/url] my gratitude for your kindness in support of women who actually need help with that niche. Your very own commitment

to passing the solution all

around has been particularly helpful and has

frequently permitted

employees much like me to

arrive at their objectives. toms shoes outlet , Your new valuable

help and advice signifies a great deal a person

like me and far more to [url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]cheap toms outlet[/url] my [url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]cheap toms outlet[/url] mates. Best wishes; from each one of us.