Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Smooth Sailing...so far.

We are 2.5 weeks into The Reno and up to this point, it's been easy breezy. I'm waiting for the sky to fall on us. That's just how it always works, right?

We decided to go stay with my in-laws (AGAIN) for 2 weeks while we prepared the upstairs to be slightly more livable. The wood floors were sanded and one coat of finish applied. Then the painters came and did their thing, and tomorrow the wood floors get the last coat and we can move back in. So, 2 full weeks with Will's parents. Not bad considered the last renovation we did took 8 months. No matter how awesome they are, it's 8 MONTHS OF LIVING WITH YOUR HUSBAND'S PARENTS!

Everyone we have chosen to work with has been pretty easy-going. Except they all talk too much. I am not even kidding. Way too much. Dude, tell me what you need to tell me and then let me get on with my life. I don't need to know about your wife's job with the State, or your child's Communion, or your oldest son who is about to leave for the Marines. Please do not get me emotionally attached to you by telling me that your son died when he was 25 in a car accident. I'm not strong enough to take it. I AM WEAK! And I'm not paying you for that. And don't even get me started on Jody, the tree guy. One day I'll secretly tape us having a conversation. You will die.

Here's a little Before, During and After eye candy for your Wednesday. This is the same shot of our guestroom over the last 3 weeks. Ah, the progress. It makes me smile :)





No comments: